Construction is Well Under Way at the Garden!
Construction continues on Pittsburgh Botanic Garden’s new Welcome Center and Auto Garden, along with the Garden of the Five Senses.
The 7,500 square foot Welcome Center will provide:
- Classrooms with movable walls designed to accommodate groups
- An outdoor plaza adjacent to the classrooms, capable of hosting school children enjoying lunch, small private events, or quiet space for reflection
- A glassed indoor/outdoor café with elevated terrace, providing Garden vistas, restful reflection, a rejuvenating refreshment, or respite from a rain shower
- An expanded gift shop that serves as a memento stop for an ever-widening visitor base – from children experiencing a Garden field trip, gardeners looking to replicate a display, or casual visitors enjoying a much-appreciated change of pace
- Gathering area to host exhibits related to the changing seasons, land reclamation, or coming attractions
The Garden of the Five Senses is an inclusive garden which will provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to interact with plants, nature and other features using their senses.
The Garden of the Five Senses will open in May and the Welcome Center and Auto Garden later in the summer of 2020. Although a lot of construction is currently happening, the Garden is and will remain open throughout the duration. Stop by and see the progress firsthand!
Thank You to our Corporate Partners