Do you know someone that is a perfect fit for the Garden? See below for a list of current employment opportunities.
Events and Guest Relations Assistant
The Pittsburgh Botanic Garden is a unique cultural amenity for the city built upon 460 acres of reclaimed mine land that Inspires People to Grow. The Garden features inspirational displays of gardens, horticultural and environmental education, and research into regional botanical, ecological remediation and conservation issues. The Garden is committed to taking a leadership role in the stewardship of the natural world and healthy ecosystems.
The Events and Guest Relations Assistant will welcome guests that come to the Garden as part of general admission, group tours, and private events. This is a regular part-time, non-exempt position.
Duties include, but are not limited, the following:
- Greeting visitors and guests in a friendly and attentive way and addressing their needs promptly including processing of admissions, gift shop sales, memberships, class and event registrations
- Answer and routing calls and emails appropriately
- Ensuring that the Bayer Welcome Center is clean and in order at the end of each shift
- Remaining current on upcoming activities, fundraisers, and Garden development
- Remaining current on membership levels and benefits; encouraging the sales of membership to guest
- Adhering to PBG Customer Service guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring constant coverage of the station in which you are assigned
- Communicating clearly and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, guests, and patrons
- Assist with inventory, ordering and restocking print material, merchandise, and supplies
- Performing other duties as assigned to support Garden operations
- Assisting with scheduling Venue Tours with prospective clients
- Working closely with the events team to plan, market, and organize special events
- Ensuring that the Davidson Event Center is clean and in order prior to each event
- Ensuring that all pre-event procedures are followed as outlined in the executed rental agreement
- Directing or escorting contracted vendors and guests to events
- Assisting with management of inventory of event supplies
- Performing other duties as assigned to support internal and private events
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in customer service or event planning. Minimum requirements include high school diploma or equivalent, ability to troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment, ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, and satisfactory completion of a background check.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This position will include general office work and assisting the events department in set up and execution of events.
- Accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes weekday, evening, weekend and holiday availability. Most private rentals take place Friday–Sunday.
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds and traverse moderate site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com. Please do not include information in email text, but include important information for consideration in cover letter content.