© Michael Will Photography
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden is abundant with beautiful scenery that provides the perfect opportunity for photography. General photography (as in snapping a photo of yourself, your family, Garden wildlife, or our plant collection) is encouraged. We just ask that you follow the General Photography Guidelines listed below, and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook.
Some types of photography and videography require permission from our team. For formal photography and videography, please read the requirements below.
Formal Photography and Videography
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden offers the perfect backdrop for photo sessions of all kinds – senior photos, engagement photos, family photos, wedding photos, and more!
If your photo session falls within one of the above categories, or if you plan to bring in a professional photographer, it is considered a formal photo session. You can reach out to our events team to schedule a formal photo session at 412-444-4464 or email@example.com.
There is a fee of $100 required to schedule a formal photo session. This allows up to 8 (eight) individuals – including photographer(s) – to Pittsburgh Botanic Garden for up to two hours of photography time (parties more than 8 guests will incur a $6 per person additional fee).
Photo sessions must be scheduled during our normal business hours:
Tuesday, Friday-Sunday 9 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday and Thursday 9 AM – 7 PM
Tuesday-Sunday from 9 AM – 5 PM
In the case of inclement weather, the photo session may be moved to a different date within the same calendar year as the original scheduled session.
General Photography Guidelines:
- Please be courteous and polite to other guests. Do not block paths or restrict access to the grounds. No public area may be closed to visitor access during a photo shoot.
- For the safety of the visitor, all photography must take place on designated paths. Please do not leave the path or public areas to step into the gardens.
- Absolutely no glitter, birdseed, sparklers, balloon releases or any other items that could be harmful to our garden and the environment. Formal photo sessions must confirm any props with events team prior-to the session.
- Leashed dogs are permitted in the Garden. No other animals are allowed on garden property at any time, except for service animals.
- No smoking (including e-cigarettes) or tobacco use is permitted on any part of the Garden’s property (including parking lots)
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the grounds and if observed will result in immediate cancellation of the shoot without refund of fees.
- Certain areas of the Garden may be inaccessible on the day of your photo session due to weddings and scheduled events. Please reach out to our events team to confirm availability prior-to your session.
- If the formal photo session is cancelled due to inclement weather, the session may be rescheduled one time within the same calendar year.
- Drones: The use of drones on Pittsburgh Botanic Garden property is prohibited unless previously approved by Events Team and proper insurance is provided.
All commercial photography inquiries (including media inquiries, marketing promotions, etc.) should be directed to Beth Exton, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org